080 TERROR OF THE ZYGONS by Robert Banks Stewart
Illustrated by madis-hartte
“As high as the body count was, all I could think of while watching Terror of the Zygons was Scooby-Doo. Ergo, this.”
SEASON 13 / STORY 1
When the Doctor, Sarah Jane and Harry arrive in Scotland, having received an urgent request for assistance from the Brigadier, they discover that the mysterious force which has destroyed three oil rigs has left giant teeth marks on the wreckage.
The mystery deepens, leading them to the shores of Loch Ness where they find that the legendary monster really does exist – and is the murderous tool of the Zygons, aliens intent on overpowering the planet.
The Doctor, his companions and UNIT must find a way to defeat the deadly Loch Ness Monster and its controllers, but the Zygons have the terrifying power to change shape. The Doctor’s life has never been in more danger, as the line between allies and enemies is tested to the very limit…
- DOCTOR: The Fourth Doctor
- COMPANIONS: Sarah Jane Smith, Harry Sullivan, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, Sergeant Benton
- ENEMIES & ALIENS: The Zygons
- SPACE & TIME: Scotland, 1970s
DID YOU KNOW? ~
- This is the final story to feature Harry Sullivan.
- This is the first UNIT story since Robot, and the last Brigadier episode until Mawdryn Undead.
- This is one of the stories Sarah Jane tells Rose about in School Reunion. Apparently “THE LOCH NESS MONSTER!” wins in monster top trumps!
- This is the first and so far only appearance of the popular Zygons. They possibly made a cameo appearance in The Eleventh Doctor story The Power of Three, but in their human disguise.
- A Zygon was supposed to appear along with a Dalek and a Cybermen in the story Shada. This story was never broadcast and all the scenes set in the prison where these monsters would have appeared were never shot.
- The working title for this story was The Secret of the Loch.